Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Everywhere

Striped Top - Forever 21, via swap; Cardigan - Target; Jeans - DKNY; Shoes - Bass
Here is a look I have seen absolutely everywhere at this point - every blog and magazine seems to have featured a striped top with a colored jean and oxfords.  I love it, and I love how easy it is to translate it and make it your own.  I saw a Gap ad where the oxfords were hot pink and the jeans were lavender - so much fun!  I've seen it done with a moto-style cardigan and black footwear.  Depending on the shapes, colors, and textures, it can read as classic, preppy, nautical, biker, whatever.  You could bling it out with sparkle or flower-embellishments on the sweater.  You could do a longer top and belt it (with a colored belt, even!)  Flats or short boots or espadrilles or wedges instead of oxfords.  Do all bright colors, or do all neutrals.  It's an equation you could interpret as you like.  I love the pop of purple in my rolled-up jeans - how are you going to do it?

      pleated poppy

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE how you styled this! The oxfords are adorable and the colors are perfect. I might have to copy! I am following you!
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Copy away, Emily! Glad to have you here :)

      Delete
  2. I loved this outfit when I saw it on you, and still do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes!! They're perfect! This outfit is so effortlessly cool- I'm really liking your blog! :)

    Veralynn
    joiedeveralynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you. Please keep comments respectful! xo, L.