Sunday, June 10, 2012

Not Everywhere

Sparkles the chicken completes the look!  Home of the Brave t-shirt - Old Navy; Skirt - Coldwater Creek; Boots - Vintage Shoe Co.; Sunglasses - Coldwater Creek; Watch - Dad; Bracelet - Target
Unlike the outfit from the last post, this combo is *not* one I've seen everywhere, and I can't say from where the inspiration came.  Well, no, that's not true.  The inspiration came from me, from my love of the blue/burgundy/cognac color combination and clothing that is as comfortable as pajamas.  Still, before this blog I never would have put these items together.  N.E.V.E.R.  But I've been feeling like my outfits have become a little "safe," and I'm curious about exploring some new styles, so why not?  



Over the weekend I was laying out some combinations and this one felt really natural.  I enjoy the coverage of a long skirt (as long as it's not rainy out, because who wants to drag around a wet skirt) and I love short boots (um, I love all boots).  A t-shirt, prairie skirt, and booties don't really seem to "go," in the traditional sense, and in fact feel a little cRzAzy adventurous for a mom who wears jeans most days, but who's to say?  I was curious to see how it would look together.  And I love it.  I almost wore a fedora, even.  Maybe next time.

Try it!  You could pull this off with a long skirt like I did, or throw a t-shirt on over a maxi dress.  You could do sandals instead of boots.  Play with it, put on items that you love simply because of their color, shape, or texture, and see what feels natural to you!  You might be surprised at how easy it is to "own" a look when you love the individual pieces.  Try something that's Not Everywhere because *you* love it, L.

Linking up with Monday Mingle at bonbonrosegirls.com

7 comments:

  1. I love this effortless style. And the chicken definitely tops off the laid back look.

    http://staycationmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/breezy-batiks-and-morning-routines-bali.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color combo and the t-shirt and skirt. I always wear t's and skirts together. It's so comfy in the summer.

    Hey, I'm hosting a duper-fun giveaway today. You might want to stop by.

    http://thedomesticfringe.com/2012/06/11/hello-monday-surprise-inside/

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skirt! Such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look adorable! Love your style.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you. Please keep comments respectful! xo, L.